DO NOT SEND YOUR FIREARM TO THE HEFFLER CLAIMS ADDRESS
Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.
THE DEADLINE TO FILE A CLAIM FOR THE CASH PAYMENT ENDED FEBRUARY 6, 2018
If you elected the cash payment option, please remember that you must return your Class Pistol to Taurus in order to receive your payment. The deadline to ship your Class Pistol to Taurus is March 31, 2018.
Please be advised, the settlement is final – On August 15, 2017, the court entered an order regarding the claim filing process; this order is available for review on the settlement website. The claim filing period begins on October 9, 2017 and ends on February 6, 2018. A notice with additional information will be emailed or mailed to those individuals who registered for updates; notice will also be provided through the PR Newswire Service.
If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.
- Settlement Payment Option – The Deadline to File a Claim for the Cash Payment Ended February 6, 2018. Settlement Class Members may have elected to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies to receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
- Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
- The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced with no requirement that you prove the pistol is defective.
- The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost to inspect the Class Pistol.
- You should anticipate a minimum three week turn-around if returning a Class Pistol for it to be repaired or replaced.
- You can receive a replacement pistol only if applicable law permits the shipping of a replacement pistol to your state and municipality. More information is available on the "Enhanced Warranty" page of this website.
Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS
This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Heffler Claims Group, the Claims Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.
For more information please call 1-844-528-0180